COVID19 Update for the 2021 Season
2021 COVID19 Update
As we cruise into the 2021 season we are still keeping the health and safety of our guests and crew our top priority. We continue to closely follow guidance from the CDC, Governor Beshear, Louisville Metro Health and a Louisville Tourism Attractions task force, as well as advice from the US Coast Guard and Passenger Vessel Association.
Our COVID protocols have include: reduced capacity, required temperature checks at boarding, contactless ticket scanning and payment options in all areas, disinfecting with an atomizing machine after every cruise and dedicating crew to cleaning high touch areas throughout cruises. Both of our boats have a large amount of outdoor space, which is utilized on every single cruise.
What are we doing?
In addition to following guidance from the CDC and state and local officials, Belle of Louisville Riverboats is following also adhering to guidance from the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) and United States Coast Guard. Some of the measures we’re taking include:
• Increased cleaning, especially of high touch areas, during cruises and events, and thorough sanitizing of all surfaces between cruises
• Requiring employees to have their temperature checked before each shift and to wear face masks, as well as use hand sanitizer and hand wash frequently
• Sanitizing stations are available to all guests and are placed around both boats as well as in our ticket office/gift shop
• Plexiglass shields at counters
• Contactless payment options
What can you do?
• If you are sick or symptomatic in any way, please do not come. We can always transfer your reservation to another cruise date.
• Allow us to check your temperature and wear a face mask as you board the vessel.
• Once onboard, please:
– Wear your mask as you move about the vessel
– Wash and/or sanitize your hands often
– Stay 6 feet from others not in your party
– Instead of cash, use Apple Pay, Google Pay or a credit card
What changes will be made on your cruises?
• Passenger capacity is currently limited to 50% or less of our USCG-approved capacity. Some tables and chairs are being removed to ensure proper social distancing.
• Sanitized deck chairs and tables will be available with proper spacing around the indoor and outdoor decks.
• You are welcome to move around the vessel with your mask on—we do ask that you return to the same seats during your cruise.
• Social distancing floor markings will lead the way through the Ticket Office, Boarding line, Bar and Concession lines