Covid-19 Update for the Summer 2021 Season
The health and safety of our guests and crew continues to be our top priority as we cruise into the summer 2021 season. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Belle of Louisville Riverboats is following U.S. Coast Guard regulations, which requires the use of a face mask when boarding and cruising on our boats (current as of May 2021). Belle of Louisville Riverboats will adjust our policy as we receive additional guidance from the U.S. Coast Guard, the CDC, the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA), the state of Kentucky and local authorities.
what are we doing?
In addition to following guidance from the CDC and state and local officials, Belle of Louisville Riverboats is following also adhering to guidance from the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) and United States Coast Guard. Some of the measures we are taking include:
- Increased cleaning, especially of high touch areas, during cruises and events, and thorough sanitizing of all surfaces between cruises
- Requiring employees to have their temperature checked before each shift and to wear face masks, as well as use hand sanitizer and hand wash frequently
- Sanitizing stations are available to all guests and are placed around both boats as well as in our ticket office/gift shop
- Plexiglass shields at counters
- Contactless payment options
what can you do?
- If you are sick or symptomatic in any way, please do not come. We can always transfer your reservation to another cruise date.
Allow us to check your temperature and wear a face mask as you board the vessel.
- Once onboard, please:
- Wear your mask as you move about the vessel
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands often
- Stay 6 feet from others not in your party
- Instead of cash, use Apple Pay, Google Pay or a credit card
what changes will be made on your cruises?
- Passenger capacity is currently limited to 50% or less of our USCG-approved capacity. Some tables and chairs are being removed to ensure proper social distancing.
- Sanitized deck chairs and tables will be available with proper spacing around the indoor and outdoor decks.
- You are welcome to move around the vessel with your mask on—we do ask that you return to the same seats during your cruise.
- Social distancing floor markings will lead the way through the Ticket Office, Boarding line, Bar and Concession lines