Covid-19 Update for the Fall 2021 Season
As we cruise into the fall 2021 season, the health and safety of our guests and crew continues to be our top priority. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Belle of Louisville Riverboats is following U.S. Coast Guard regulations, which requires the use of a face mask when boarding and cruising on our boats (current as of September 2021), in addition to voluntarily lowering the capacity of our riverboats to 50%. Passengers are permitted to take off their mask while eating, drinking or when on an outside deck. Belle of Louisville Riverboats will adjust our policy as we receive additional guidance from the U.S. Coast Guard, the CDC, the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA), the state of Kentucky and local authorities.
For more information, please read the U.S. Coast Guard’s Marine Safety Bulletin Information.
what are we doing?
In addition to following guidance from the CDC and state and local officials, Belle of Louisville Riverboats is also adhering to guidance from the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA) and United States Coast Guard. Some of the measures we are taking include:
- Increased cleaning, especially of high touch areas, during cruises and events, and thorough sanitizing of all surfaces between cruises
- Requiring employees to wear face masks, as well as use hand sanitizer and hand wash frequently
- Requiring employees to check and record their temperature before clocking in.
- Sanitizing stations are available to all guests and are placed around both boats as well as in our ticket office/gift shop
- Plexiglass shields at counters
- Contactless payment options
what can you do?
- If you are sick or symptomatic in any way, please do not come. We can always transfer your reservation to another cruise date.
- Allow us to check your temperature as you board the vessel.
- Bring a mask or face covering with you.
- Once onboard, please:
- Wear your mask as you move about the vessel
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands often
- Stay 6 feet from others not in your party
- Instead of cash, use Apple Pay, Google Pay or a credit card
what changes will be made on your cruises?
- Passenger capacity is being limited to 50%. Some tables and chairs are being removed or blocked off to ensure proper social distancing.
- Sanitized deck chairs and tables will be available with proper spacing around the indoor and outdoor decks.
- You are welcome to move around the vessel with your mask on—we do ask that you return to the same seats during your cruise.
- Social distancing floor markings will lead the way through the Ticket Office, Boarding line, Bar and Concession lines.