ASSISTANT FOOD AND BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR / SEASONAL PURSER
- Coordinates concessions, photos and souvenir retail sales operations on assigned cruises.
- Distributes cash, verifies amounts and balances at end of shift. Deposits money and locks safe. Exercises supervision over subordinate food and beverage personnel.
- Has excellent customer relations skills.
EXAMPLES OF THE WORK (These statements are intended to be illustrations of the work of this class.)
UNDER GENERAL SUPERVISION
- Under the direction of the Chief Purser, distributes cash register money, cash bags and summary sales sheets to concession and souvenir workers at beginning of shift. Oversees the opening and closing procedures and cash register reconciliation at end of each shift; locks safe and prepares deposit slips and deposits money in bank.
- Acts as front line representative to charter and public groups. Assures preparedness of seating charts; coordinates and confirms setup with deck crew.
- Performs F&B crew line up prior to all functions to communicate essentials of service and to monitor crew’s appropriate appearance.
- Assigns work to subordinates, provides assistance and reviews their work for compliance with standards.
- Collects all monies and escorts staff to Pursers office. Reviews summary sales sheets, logs in activities and prepares reports and completes special projects.
- At end of shift removes money and records sales on summary log sheet. Replenishes beginning cash drawer money.
- Informs Chief Purser of additional cash needs during cruise. Also, notifies Chief Purser of cash register and cash register tape problems.
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Six months of accounting, bookkeeping, banking or retail sales experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must have excellent customer relation skills.
- Requires the physical ability to move and lift heavy items up to 50lbs to 75lbs.
- Must work varied schedule.
- Ability to tolerate hot and cold environments.
- Able to transit stairs.
- Able to stand – continuous up to 5 hours during a cruise.
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- Must work a varied schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Must wear safety equipment as mandated by the U.S Coast Guard.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug test as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, and post accident testing.
All interested applicants should call 502-574-2992 or come to 401 W. River Rd., Louisville, KY 40202 and ask to fill out an application.