Belle of Louisville Riverboats is looking for enthusiastic volunteers! At 108-years-old, the Belle of Louisville is the oldest operating Mississippi river style steamboat in the world, as well as a National Historic Landmark! Joined by our other National Historic Landmark—Mayor Andrew Broaddus (Life Saving Station #10)—and our newest riverboat—Mary M. Miller—Belle of Louisville Riverboats has entertained and educated over 12 million passengers since 1963.
Ready to help keep these pieces of history alive? Our team is looking for volunteers in a variety of roles, no matter whether you are looking to volunteer once a week or once a month!
- Greeter: Assist guests with wayfinding and answering questions, both on the wharf and in the ticket office.
- Onboard Volunteer: Assist guests with questions, provide onboard information and other assistance and assist with special events as needed.
- Floral Package Assistant: Assemble flower and balloon bouquets ordered by guests to be delivered on cruises.
- Docent: Provide detailed information about the boats, the Ohio River and the city of Louisville. This position requires additional training.
one-day group volunteer opportunity
One-day group volunteer opportunities are also available! To learn more about these opportunities, please email Allison at Allison.Hammons@louisvilleky.gov.
- Enthusiasm about Belle of Louisville Riverboats
- Interest in helping locals and tourists enjoy their river cruise experience
- Interest in learning and talking about riverboats, the Ohio River and the city of Louisville (training will be provided)
- Attendance at all trainings as assigned by staff
- Ability to stand for up to two hours
- Ability to work with the public for up to two hours without a break
- Must be at least 16 years old to volunteer without an adult or 14 years old to volunteer with a parent, teacher or other responsible adult (who is also a volunteer).
apply to be a volunteer
Ready to volunteer? Email Allison at Allison.Hammons@louisvilleky.gov to learn more and sign up!